Sunday 22 March 2009

My mother


In my life, there are only two things which I’m willing to sacrifice for, that is God and my mother. Here are a few things about her...

Firstly, from the way some of my friends' mothers treat them seem so unloving when compared to the way my mum showers me with love. Secondly is her sense of forgiveness and kindness. For instance, she'll get upset for a while after being taken advantage of by her friends, but in a short period she forgives and forgets, even if it's the same person doing it over and over again. Thirdly is the amount of sacrifices she has made for my sister and me which I can never compensate enough, not even if it takes a life time.

Some of the things that she can do which leave me breathless time after time are her skills with the computer and camera. She can do things which I never thought was possible at her age (50+ years old). For example, handling Power Point and editing pictures in Photoshop. Now, with all the *chun* and sophisticated cameras, nice clear pictures can be taken easily.

My mum, on the other hand, has an average digital camera but takes captivating pictures. Each picture tells a story and it literally paints a thousand words… ~Wow~ deep… I know… =p She has an online gallery and she also writes beautifully. Her poems really touch one’s soul. Some of her poems are nominated for awards and published in poetry books for worldwide distribution. And yes, she even has her own blog…!


The most important part about her that places her as my role model is her relationship with God. The way she lives her life and handles situations in such a Christ-like manner amazes me. Her passion for doing God’s work all the more encourages me to serve as well. If someone were to ask me why is my mum so nice, caring and so on, I would proudly say with full of confidence that it is because of her intimate relationship with the Lord.

Well, this is just a summary of my wonderful mother! There is so much more but I can never finish writing, not even till my fingers hurt… =p Anyway, I just want her to know that I love her lots and that I will always be right here all the way for her. Love you lots mum and always will…!!! Muakz…

1 comment:

Sadasiv Swain said...

You are simply adorable. Your journal /blog is great. My regards to your Mom. I'm happy you put her and her God in such high esteem. May God help you to remain His child always.