Saturday 29 November 2008

Grand Prix Star Search

(Go to rontjx.multiply.com for more pictures)

Sunday, 23rd November 2008 marked the Grand Prix (GP) Star Search. After winning 2nd position in the GP Sec School Bowling Competition, I was confident for this event held at U-Bowl. I started well with the first two games of 18* each which consisted of solid spares. After that I had to switch lanes. That was the rule - to switch lanes after every two games. I couldn’t adjust to the lanes and my games were lousy. Goodness I was so frustrated...!

Anyway, I tried my best to relax when I moved on to the next lane and had an encouraging score of 166 - a sign of picking up. After 4 games, I was in the 9th position but only the top 8 bowlers get to enter the quarter finals so I had to pick up. My confidence level soared after managing a 190 for the next game. Then it was due for switching lanes again. I got a 20* followed by 199, leveling me up to the 5th position. I was delighted…!

Soon the knock-out round began. Dang man… I had 4~5 splits in the first game, giving my opponent a 36-pin lead. Although I picked up in my second game, it wasn’t good enough as I only won by 10 pins. The frustrating part about my game was that all my solid pockets did not strike. I ended up 7th place - still very happy as I did well overall. One more last GP for this year - GP Monthly Circuit…! Praise and thank God for blessing me throughout all my tournaments. Ciaoz~
God bless~ =)

No comments: