Wednesday 26 November 2008

GP Secondary School Bowling Competition

(Go to rontjx.multiply.com for more pictures)

This was one of the main events that I have been awaiting this whole year. It was held on 21st November 2008 at Mega Lanes Pyramid. I wanted to win something just to reassure myself that I have reached to a certain level. Haha... =) Glad to say that I did very well, got 2nd position with an average of 188.5 and mighty pleased with my overall performance.

I had a high score of 234. The coolest part is that I won the 2nd runner-up by only 1 pin...!!! It happened on my last game where I had a spare on the 9th frame with 120 pin falls on the 8th frame, which mean I had to strike home to get 170 on the dot in order to win the 2nd runner-up. Can you imagine how tense I was? Well, bowling the 10th frame then seemed like the longest time ever. The first ball rolled... I knew it would strike as it was a beautiful shot. The second ball rolled off too early, hooked over and hit the 1-2 pocket. Praise God for I still got a strike. Now it was the last throw... the moment of truth... =) I threw perfectly, saw it skidded, hooked and rolled right into the pocket. BOOM...!!! I DID IT...!!!

The prize for 2nd place is a tall trophy, 8 free games with McDonald's vouchers and RM100 cash. I also got a total of RM90 from my mum as an incentive for a clean game, score above 200 and all games above 170 pin falls... =) Well, the next tournament is GP Star Search and I'm ready for it...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this post. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I love to read articles like that. BTW add some pics :)