Thursday 30 October 2008

MTBC National Junior Circuit 2008


The final circuit which I participated was held in Malacca. First of all, I just have to say… IT WAS FREAKING HOT IN THERE…! I was sweating as if I had just finished playing football. And secondly, the screen which displays the score was so low that tall bowlers had to bend very low just to walk through the approach - totally HORRIBLE…!

I recalled having an average of 16* after 7 games and the final qualifier was 169 so I had to get a high game of at least 210 to make it to the quarter finals. I was seriously pressured and stressed and kept praying. Then the strikes came in and I converted my spares consistently and got a high game of 223, securing 36th position with an average of 172.5. Praise the Lord…! To sum up of the whole story, I managed to climb up to 32nd position the next day.

Now with the circuits over, I feel kind of sad because I don’t get to travel around Malaysia till next year… =( Overall I’m very pleased with my performance as I managed to qualify to the quarter finals for most of the circuits. It is a vast improvement when compared to last year when all I could do then was to hope in vain. Well, next year will be time for me to GO FOR GOLD…!!! Something I’ve always wanted to say... Lol... =)

No comments: