Saturday 23 August 2008

Secondary School Competition (Aug 2008)


On 8th August 2008, I participated in the Secondary School Competition held in Sunway Pyramid. Oh yeah, just to let you all know, I've 6 tournaments this month - Malaysian Junior Circuit (KL and Malacca leg), Star Search (Leg 2 and 3), Secondary School Competition and Internal Circuit (both are monthly events). So far for this Secondary School Competition, I have never left without any trophies except for the month of June. Top 10 gets a trophy but the top 5 trophies are bigger. So it began with my first game...

At the 9th frame I only had 150 points and I thought to myself, "I'M SCREWED!" It was time for the 10th frame. The maximum points you can get for the 10th frame is 30, which is 3 strikes in a row and I needed that to get an average of 180. I felt the pressure rising and tried to calm myself down by playing with my *puff ball* and prayed that God will help me to focus. Then the game continued... Boom - first strike...! Boom - another strike followed by the third delivery - BOOOM...! TURKEY...!!! I got 180 points for my first game... =) Praise God...! Throughout the tournament I realized that the right lanes have pins with more reaction, giving me all my strikes but the left lane had no pin reaction at all which resulted alternate strikes in my third game. It went like this - strike on the right lane then spare on the left. The same pattern carried on till the 5th frame... =(

Anyway, I got 187 for the second game and 189 for the third. I could have scored more than 180 for my last game if not for a SPLIT at the 10th frame. Although I couldn't achieve my expectation of being the top three, I was pleased with my consistent performance and proud of it too. My average was 183 and got FOURTH again for the third time. Oh, I also earned RM60 from my mother - RM20 for a clean game and RM10 per game for not having any scores below 170 points (RM10 x 4 = RM40) SEEYA...!


No comments: