Wednesday 13 May 2009

Choir Competition


The whole team was looking forward to the competition this year held on 30th April at SJKC Yuk Chai as we put in so much more effort than last year. I was the conductor for the choir this year and I was a little worried in the beginning but after some time I got the hang of it… thanks to friends for their help, including last year conductor (senior) who coincidentally is also the lead guitarist in my band. As we prepared to leave, we were all ready with only one thing in our minds… to win…!

When the competition began, our hopes started to sink lower and lower as the choir from both DJ and BU4 were really good. While listening to them, the hyped-up spirit in us slowly faded. Soon it was our turn as we were the third group to perform. We still tried our best and I conducted as dramatic as I could, hopefully without looking overly… erm… gay. Haha…

Although we kind of figured we could not win, we were still anxious to find out our position. Before they announced the rank of the schools, they gave out the prize for the best conductor first and to my surprise our school won. For a moment, I didn’t realize I had to go and take the prize. Hehe… Anyway our school got 4
th. I'm glad that I managed to get the best conductor for the school so we need not go back empty handed. Praise God =)

No comments: