Saturday 27 December 2008

My trip to Taiwan

(MH 094 - my reflection on the screen)

The holiday adventure started at our very own KLIA. We (my mother, aunt and I) had a snack at Delifrance, the same shop where I ate when I left for Korea last year. On this flight, every passenger has a screen for games, movies and music so it did not matter even though the air-hostesses weren’t pretty. Just joking… =) During the flight (5 hours plus to reach Taipei), I played games such as chess, tetris and even bowling… yes, bowling…! I also watched the ‘Mummy 3’ and ‘Mama Mia’ movies again.

After checking into Riverview Hotel upon arrival, we kicked start the holiday by walking through Taipei city on our own. The next morning we had breakfast at the Rhine Banquet Hall overlooking the Danshui River. The view was spectacular with highways, buildings, mountains and, of course… the river…! Although we visited many places of interest, I am going to write about those that I enjoyed most.

Shangri-La Leisure Farm is the coolest place among the others. This is because there were really cool events where I could take part in, such as spinning the traditional top, making glutinous balls and bubbles. I got to know my new friends there and how the games poker and ‘cho tai ti’ started nightly. The next place is the Naruwan Theme Park situated in the Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village. There were only three rides that seemed exciting enough which caught my attention. The Maya Adventure was closed for renovation. The rides I sat were Space Mountain, Waikiki Wave and UFO.
Space Mountain was fun although it did not consist of any loops but only helixes, sharp turns and speed. The Waikiki Wave, on the other hand, was mildly thrilling. Finally, the UFO… the scariest and coolest ride there. Basically, it is the same as the Space Shot in Genting with the difference in height and larger seat capacity. It also rotates as it elevates. I also watched the aboriginal dance which portrayed the lifestyle of the mountain tribes in Alishan.

(Go to rontjx.multiply.com for more pictures)

The rock formations at Yehliu is another of my favorite visiting spots. It is famous for its exceptional geological features. All the rocks there were formed by natural erosion. Some looked like giant petrified mushrooms but the main attraction was the Queen’s Head. From a certain angle it looks perfectly like a queen’s head with a crown, nose, mouth and all. The view of the sea was also spectacular. Waves hitting the shore strongly splashing water all over. And finally... THE NIGHT MARKET…! (Both Fong Jia and Shilin) Why? Reason being the food, clothes, etc are all nice and cheap. My favorite food in the night market is baked potatoes - so soft, tasty, yummy and just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Yep, it’s that good…!!! I tried the tempura there and it tasted so much better. Even the fries tasted good for some reasons. Haha...

Well, those were the places that I really had fun in Taiwan. They were not only fun filled experiences but also memorable ones. Overall my trip was great and I give it an 8/10 =) Ciaoz…


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!