Sunday 2 January 2011

Flashback - Bowling tournaments in 2010

(1) 33rd Canon Malaysian International Open - March 2010

This tournament was one of the best and worst experiences I ever had in bowling so far. Here is just a short insight of what happened throughout the tournament. First, I chose to play for the Boys Graded division. After 5mq’s, I got 10th placing in the top 18 chosen with an average of 201 over 6 games and in the finals I managed to get 8th place and got a prize money of RM200.

(Highest game)
(Highest series )
Then I decided to try out for the Men’s graded division. I played a total of 3mq’s and managed to secure 12th placing among the chosen 33 bowlers with an average of 221. It was a real achievement for me as I played may highest 3-game series with a total pinfall of 707 pins which is equivalent to an average of 236. My scores were 215, 279 and 213. Up till now, 279 is my highest score. However, I did not play well in the finals. Overall, this entire tournament has been an enriching experience. All glory to God! =D

(2) Little Champs Invitation Event SIRI2 - August 2010

I started off with a lousy score of 149 and felt very disheartened as the chances were... I could not qualify for the step ladder with such a lousy score. On top of that, it was a 6-game format, meaning I had only 5 games to cover the pin gap. Anyway, I managed to pull my average up to 186. I wasn’t happy with my overall performance as I felt I could have at least a 195 average. Just when I was about to leave the alley, the final results came out and I managed to get into the 7th placing.
It was time for the step ladder tournament. I had to face two other opponents in a 1-game elimination match for the quarter finals. I bowled a score of 258, securing a place in the semi-finals and also a trophy. However, I played a low game of 179 in the semi-finals and ended up with 4th placing. All in all, I was quite happy with the overall result. It was really a blessing for me not only to qualify into the top 8 but also to be able to gain back the confidence I needed as well. Praise God~

No comments: